Saturday, June 26, 2010

Food! Poker! Exams! and others.

I've been working heaps, its so tiring... = = but I will post some interesting things.


Exam have gone swimmingly, hopefully. :D hahaha.. its so tiring. Exams are so stupid, I hope people should just stop doing exams. If you work hard enough and try your best. Universities should just let you win! I mean COMEON!

:) I recently picked up a new poker hand, 78 suited, it just feels soo good when I play it. And I feel like I can read anyone when I have it :D. Don't really know why, but its just slowly becoming my favorite hand.

Lastly, I wanted to do a little food review from veggie bar! It’s a nice place on Brunswick Street. Stuff there tastes quite good! And VERY VERY enjoyable. Most of the food there are either vegan or vegetarian. This means if you’re big on meat, probably not a good choice.

So I was there with me and Matt, we ordered, the Rotti Chunai and Vegetarian Nachos for our entree, the rotti chunai was full of flavor, which is great as it was just yellow beans and the curry powder, long cooked in a pan. : ) served with a white fluffy rotti bread. The vegetarian nacho was what Matt and I agreed is the best dish we tried. It had a bit of everything, fresh salsa, guac, sour cream and other bits and pieces....

For main Matt ordered the migoren, which were nice and thick noodles, they were great and fluffy, it had potatoes, and bits of tofu with bean sprouts. The only downside is that it lacked in flavor. Probaly because the vegies were a bit undercooked.

I ordered the pumpkin risotto. It had broad beans which were VERY nicely cooked, it was crunchy and served with some nice fresh pesto, the flavor was very rich and combined with a creamy texture. YUMMO! It was a very generous serving as well. (it doesn't look like it on the photo, but the bowl was quite deep). All of the food were washed down with a chocolate milkshake for Matt and a Honey Pollen / Banana blend for me (which tastes SO GOOD!)

Lastly the atmosphere is very very alternative, lots of pretty people with pretty and strange clothing, great way to spend a lunch or afternoon just chilling out in this funky place. The service was very friendly and the food all came right on time :) which is when we're getting hungry / feeling like the next dish!

PHOTOS! : O *Proceeds to make yummy noises


No comments: